Altered board book project

So I had plans of working on the base for a scrap project today, but my plans changed when I got to work this morning. When I got to work, I found a small board book that restaurants put in their kids’ meals. It looked like this to start with.

20130421-221552.jpg

I recently got a DCWV Once Upon A Time mat stack. I thought this would be a perfect altering project. I have it mostly finished. I still need to complete the closure and make journaling tags.

This is the front cover. I used a sheet of My Mind’s Eye Adorable paper. The bling I put to use in the closure is a bauble I found on the ground one day. The flower is a Michaels flower which I distressed with Vintage Photo and spritzed with my homemade pearlized spray. I put a brad in the center and glued it to the cover. I had a Once Upon A Time sticker from a stash I got off Craigslist. I stamped a flourish off a Tim Holtz stamp in Vintage Photo. The eyelet in the upper left is also from the Craigslist haul. I attached a Tim Holtz clasp. On that I put various Industrial Chic fibers. I also added another bauble from an earring I found.

20130421-222955.jpg

The first page is of course Once Upon A Time. The next page is embossed with a small fairy in the corner. I didn’t want to cover up the paper with a pocket, so I added a glitter embossed belly band under which tags can be tucked.

20130421-223318.jpg

A close up of the fairy page.

20130421-223427.jpg

The next pages are floral. I put pockets at the bottom of the pages in paper from the opposite page.

20130421-223544.jpg

The next pages have side pockets on the inside seams with paper from the opposite page. The darker paper is glitter embossed.

20130421-223715.jpg

The next pages have angled pockets with paper from the opposite page. Both papers are glitter embossed.

20130421-223848.jpg

These are the last pages. The left page is a knight on his horse. I didn’t put a pocket on this page as the scene is lovely, and I didn’t want to hide it. I did take some of the same paper and made a pocket at the bottom of the next page. I, of course, used the Happily Ever After paper in this pack for the last page.

20130421-224223.jpg

The back right now is plain until I figure out how I want to complete the closure.

20130421-224338.jpg

I actually enjoyed this spontaneous project. As always, comments are welcome.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s