I thought I would share two more albums. The first one is the first album I ever made. I used Kathy Orta’s Build-a-page tutorial for it. I thought it turned out pretty good for being my first album.
The next one is a mini album insert that could stand as a mini album on it’s own if you wanted something for maybe a single event or something. I know I already did a post for this one, but I thought I would add the video to this post. I followed a tutorial by Angelwings14100 for this one. As always, comments are welcome.
I’m probably going to ruin the surprise on this one, but I just can’t wait any longer to show it! I had this paper that had French stuff all over it. I kept trying to think about when I would use it. Then I found out a friend was going to France! What a perfect opportunity. I found the perfect tutorial for an album by Patricia Viramontes and set off to work. I hope Stef enjoys it. As always, comments are welcome.
So I have been trying to make things for others as a random act of kindness. Plus, I think it’s nice to get a handmade gift from someone every once in a while. To me it shows thoughtfulness, using your own hands to craft something for someone else.
I decided that this special person needed a baby album that no one else has. I used Kathy Orta’s Build-a-page instructions for the album. Dara was surprised and happy to see the album has a slightly shabby chic feel, which is the feel she wants to use on other items for baby Presley.
This album took me the shortest time to make. I knew in my head exactly what I wanted to do, and I brought that out through my hands. Without further ado, here’s the album. As always, comments are welcome!
This year I decided to get crafty on Munchkin’s teacher’s present. I found a tutorial for a boxed set album and set to work.
Here’s the albums in the box.
I added a way to easily slip the albums out of the box with two eyelets, one on either side, and some string.
The first album has journaling tags inside for her to be able to write a bit about the photos she puts in it.
The second album is just for photos. All photo spots are made for 4″x6″ photos.
The third album is the same as the second as it’s only made for photos.
I had fun making it. The only not so fun part was having to remake the box because I used thicker paper and the albums were a tight squeeze. We’ll see how she likes it. As always, comments are welcome.
So I found a tutorial on you tube by Angelwings14100 for a mini album insert she did. I think it’s cute enough to stand on its own as a mini album. I grabbed a 6×6 Artistry paper pack and set out making it.
Here’s the front cover. I’m not great on embellishments yet, so this book is minimally embellished. I seem to also struggle with closures. I’m not 100% happy with the closure, but it will do.
I did think the front needed something, so I used the scraps to make a flower. Here’s the close up. I used my homemade pearl spray and homemade glimmer mists on it. I think you can see a bit of shimmer in the picture.
We open the book up and find a pocket page with a photo mat and another page with a magnet closure flap over a pocket.
On the back of all of the mats and tags in the book, I put journaling spots.
The flap pocket and mat.
Turning the page, we fine too large spaces for photos.
The page on the right is a pocket hiding a large photo mat.
That page flips up to reveal a gate fold pocket page with a magnet closure.
Open the flaps to find a few more pockets, a couple tags, and a smaller photo mat.
The gate fold page flips down for another large space for a photo, and the last page – a pocket page with a photo mat.
Finally, we have the back of the album.
All in all, it was a quick mini project. I definitely will be making more of these. Thanks for looking, and as always, comments are welcome.
So I had plans of working on the base for a scrap project today, but my plans changed when I got to work this morning. When I got to work, I found a small board book that restaurants put in their kids’ meals. It looked like this to start with.
I recently got a DCWV Once Upon A Time mat stack. I thought this would be a perfect altering project. I have it mostly finished. I still need to complete the closure and make journaling tags.
This is the front cover. I used a sheet of My Mind’s Eye Adorable paper. The bling I put to use in the closure is a bauble I found on the ground one day. The flower is a Michaels flower which I distressed with Vintage Photo and spritzed with my homemade pearlized spray. I put a brad in the center and glued it to the cover. I had a Once Upon A Time sticker from a stash I got off Craigslist. I stamped a flourish off a Tim Holtz stamp in Vintage Photo. The eyelet in the upper left is also from the Craigslist haul. I attached a Tim Holtz clasp. On that I put various Industrial Chic fibers. I also added another bauble from an earring I found.
The first page is of course Once Upon A Time. The next page is embossed with a small fairy in the corner. I didn’t want to cover up the paper with a pocket, so I added a glitter embossed belly band under which tags can be tucked.
A close up of the fairy page.
The next pages are floral. I put pockets at the bottom of the pages in paper from the opposite page.
The next pages have side pockets on the inside seams with paper from the opposite page. The darker paper is glitter embossed.
The next pages have angled pockets with paper from the opposite page. Both papers are glitter embossed.
These are the last pages. The left page is a knight on his horse. I didn’t put a pocket on this page as the scene is lovely, and I didn’t want to hide it. I did take some of the same paper and made a pocket at the bottom of the next page. I, of course, used the Happily Ever After paper in this pack for the last page.
The back right now is plain until I figure out how I want to complete the closure.
I actually enjoyed this spontaneous project. As always, comments are welcome.